At MBition, we are bringing digital luxury to mobility users around the world. To accomplish this, we are redefining how software is developed within the automotive field as part of an international Mercedes-Benz software development network. As a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, we develop and integrate the next generation of Mercedes-Benz in-car infotainment systems that are based on the Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MBOS). In addition, we are responsible for the Mercedes me companion app, we provide seamless & connected mobility experiences and we contribute to Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) platform development.
About the role
As a member of the Video Team, you will contribute to the architecture and implementation of platform software components for UI graphics compositing and video presentation - using various technologies, frameworks and interfaces. As a Software Engineer in an agile team, you will develop features as well as design, document, implement, integrate and test your code. Development will typically be C++-focused and make use of modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++
- Experience with version control and CI/CD
- Experience in embedded systems
- Know-how of UI compositing and display server/windowing system frameworks
- Work experience with 2D/3D graphics and video software frameworks, particularly in the domain of in-vehicle infotainment
- Software architecture, API design and best practices in modern C++ development
Nice to have:
- Experience with Wayland (implementation and protocol development) is a strong plus
- Experience with Linux graphics APIs and protocols (DRM, GBM, dmabuf) is a strong plus
- Experience with windowing systems and window managers
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Experience with the Linux desktop (Qt/KDE/GTK/xdg) technology stack
- Open source background, upstream-first experience
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Great company values that we are passionate about and live by every day at work. Have a look for yourself at mbition.io and scroll down to "The MBition Experience"
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.