At MBition, we are bringing digital luxury to mobility users around the world. To accomplish this, we are redefining how software is developed within the automotive field as part of an international Mercedes-Benz software development network. As a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, we develop and integrate the next generation of Mercedes-Benz in-car infotainment systems that are based on the Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MBOS). In addition, we are responsible for the Mercedes me companion app, we provide seamless & connected mobility experiences and we contribute to Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) platform development.
About the role
Within our upcoming infotainment system, you will be engaged in the core as well as most important feature titled “Dynamic Content”, which enables the full lifecycle of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party applications. The focus area is the update lifecycle as well as the highly isolated execution environment to prevent future customers from harm.
While the feature is located on the embedded system, it does cross into the cloud as the applications are hosted there. You will be able to utilize your experience and expertise with Linux topics such as resource management, communication protocols, security and alike in shaping “Dynamic Content”.
In an agile development team you will design, implement, integrate and test your code. You will be part of a larger software organization with hundreds of other Software Engineers.
Development will typically have C++ and deeply embedded operating system focus, while making use of modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Excellent coding skills in C++ 14/17
- Experience with embedded Linux and Yocto
- Experience with container technologies such as LXC and/or Docker and/or Flatpak
- Experience with GIT version control and CI/CD
- Basic Knowledge in Python
- Knowledge about testing frameworks (such as pytest) and an understanding of TDD concepts (such as googletest)
Nice to have:
- FOSS Background
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Aspiration to engineering excellence
- Proficient in English
- German is a nice to have
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes-Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.