At MBition, we are bringing digital luxury to mobility users around the world. To accomplish this, we are redefining how software is developed within the automotive field as part of an international Mercedes-Benz software development network. As a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, we develop and integrate the next generation of Mercedes-Benz in-car infotainment systems that are based on the Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MBOS). In addition, we are responsible for the Mercedes me companion app, we provide seamless & connected mobility experiences and we contribute to Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) platform development.
About the role
In our team, we develop, together with Daimler and other partners, the security for world-class future infotainment systems in Mercedes-Benz cars.
As an intern of Security Engineering, you will get to
- Work with and learn from an extremely talented team of security architects and engineers
- Develop security tools/infrastructure that will support different security use cases in the infotainment ECUs (such as secure boot, software update etc.)
- Research different aspects of automotive/embedded security
- Test and integrate the security tools into our huge CI/CD pipeline on our cloud Software-Factory
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a comparable qualification. Masters, with an exposure to Applied Cryptography, will be a plus
- 1 to 2 years of strong development experience with Python on Linux.
- Good understanding of OOP.
- Good knowledge in Applied Cryptography
- Hands-on experience with OpenSSL (creating PKIs, data signing and verification).
- Have worked in an agile development environment
Nice to have
- Exposure to Hardware Security Modules, preferably Thales nCipher
- Hands-on with OpenSSL engines such as PKCS11
- Familiarity with Python Crypto libraries such as PyCA/cryptography, PyCryptodome, PKCS11
- Familiarity with PKCS11 toolkits on Linux.
- Basic understanding of secure boot flow in ARM-based SoC
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient in English. German is a plus.
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Great company values that we are passionate about and live by every day at work. Have a look for yourself at mbition.io and scroll down to "The MBition Experience"
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.