MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
- In the Release and Defect Management Team we drive the release delivery and defect management of the new infotainment platform for Mercedes-Benz cars. We steer the large-scale project of more than 75 cross-functional distributed teams and manage their contributions to the overall product.
- As a Defect Manager (m/w/x) in the team of senior experts, you will make sure that reported defects (bug tickets) are categorized, assigned and fixed in time. You help a group of teams to keep their bug numbers under control and contribute to our defect management processes while helping to automate as much of them as possible. We are looking for outstanding candidates of all job levels - from motivated graduates to experienced super stars.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Professional experience in Defect Management
- Understanding of agile and classic development processes and tools
- Solid knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Project management experience
- High degree of expertise and technical understanding for complex IT projects and software architecture, preferably for automotive infotainment systems
Nice to have
- Experience in automotive and/or infotainment products
- Software development skills (for example C++, Python, Java) and modern software development practices
- Experience with large-scale Agile frameworks (SAFe, LeSS, Scrum@Scale)
- Understanding of challenges and constraints within automotive domain and processes
- International experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Proven leadership and ownership
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Proficient in English. German is a plus
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Great company values that we are passionate about and live by every day at work. Have a look for yourself at mbition.io and scroll down to "The MBition Experience"
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.