MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
In our team, we develop, together with Daimler and other partners, the future infotainment system and its platform for Mercedes-Benz cars. The system is developed in-house at MBition, at Mercedes-Benz and at other partners.
As a senior security engineer, you will:
- Research different aspects of Automotive/Embedded security.
- Design and implement automated software security testing tools.
- Design and implement or integrate host-based security tools.
- Integrate security tools and automation in our CI/CD pipeline together with your team.
- Perform security design review, threat model review.
- Code security review.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a comparable qualification. An MSc or PhD will be a plus.
- Strong ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to seek and understand the security needs and researching the possible solutions
- Ability to use a scripting a language (Python is preferred)
- Software development using C/C++
- Familiarity with one (or more) low level architecture (x86, ARM, etc.)
- Experience with system programming (Linux is preferred)
- Familiarity with low level inner-working of operating systems
- Familiarity with Secure Software Development
Nice to have
- Security vulnerability analysis experience
- Familiarity with IDA Pro, Understand™ or other binary/source code analysis tools
- Familiarity with Trust Zone or Virtualization for security
- Kernel module development experience (in any OS)
- Experienced in Network Security
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.