MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
- In this role, you will be working as a Cyber Security Architect of the platform department.
- You will be working with very talented group of builders (Software Engineers), breakers (Security Engineers) and designers (Software Architects) to make our product and software platform more secure
- You will be directly contributing to the strategic direction of security relevant components and activities that will pave the way of securing our future in-house developed operating system (MBOS)
- You will be orchestrating security design decisions across different feature verticals to ensure robust and secure posture in our products
- Identify threats and risks of our system components using any suitable approach (e.g. TARA, threat modeling)
- Suggest security controls and countermeasures to mitigate identified threats and risks
- Together with security engineers in the security team, work closely with process improvement team to set up the standards and processes for product security & privacy in our Product Life Cycle Process
- Work closely with different stakeholders to build and establish “security culture” in the organization through different activities and initiatives in order to make “Security by Design” and “Privacy by Default” principles as an integral part of our product development.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a comparable qualification. An MSc or PhD with Cyber Security specialization will be a huge plus.
- Passion for security and embedded system development
- Experience of working as security engineer or software engineer (preferably on embedded system domain)
- Know how in at least one Programming Language, preferably C/C++
- Experience in creating security concepts/security profile for security related components for Automotive ECUs
- Experience in creating system level TARA for Automotive ECUs
- Very good understanding of different cryptographic algorithms, protocols and their applications
- Hands-on experience of working in Linux/Unix-like system
- Good knowledge of different Linux Kernel security mechanisms like DAC, MAC, ACL, CGROUPS, Capabilities, seccomp, Linux namespaces, netfilter framework, Linux Security Modules (e.g. AppArmor, SMACK, SELinux), audit subsystem, and integrity management subsystem
- Very good knowledge on secure coding best practices
- Understanding of network security topics e.g. network separation using concepts like VLAN, security of wired and wireless network/technologies/protocol stacks etc.
- Familiarity with different security testing tools, automation of security testing and DevSecOps
- Familiarity with security related automotive standards like UNECE WP29 and ISO 21434
- Familiarity with open source licenses and/or being a contributor to open source Projects
Nice to have
- Good understanding of (secure) software design principles, design patterns and threat modeling
- Basic understanding of privacy enhancing technologies and privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Experience in delivering security features either, as product owner/engineer/similar role for an Automotive Infotainment System for one complete project lifecycle i.e. from inception to series production will be a huge plus.
- Security Certifications like OSCP, OSCE
- Proficiency in problem solving, troubleshooting technical issues and can-do attitude
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent in English, proficiency in German is a plus
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.