MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future. Join the coolest team in Berlin.
About the role
- Help determine the IT needs of MBition and take responsibility for implementing the infrastructure to fulfill the organization's requirements.
- Coach, support and guide your colleagues in the role of deputy.
- Take ownership for a secure network infrastructure eliminating risks on external and internal threats in cooperation with various operational departments as well as external service providers
- Bring in your hands-on expertise when migrating to a cloud infrastructure
- Support standardization and optimization of all IT- and infrastructure systems, like GPS, LTE and WiFi.
- Define and implement appropriate ITIL Processes for MBition to ensure the efficient provision of IT services to its employees and service providers
- Act as interface between MBitions’ operational departments and other stakeholder
- Oversee infrastructure transformation projects, ensuring the endeavors are on time, budget and expected quality
- You successfully completed your studies in IT or Engineering with the focus on networking and cloud solutions.
- 5+ years of work experience in IT Infrastructure management
- 2+ years of work experience in management of cloud solutions
- 3+ years of IT project management experience for cross functional and international projects
- Work experience in a corporate environment is crucial, startup experience is a plus
- Experience with the design and negotiation of contracts with external service providers
- Proven experience in designing/managing infrastructure, including areas such as network, servers, security and desktop services
- Experience in supplier management, computing services (such as cloud providers) and IT consultants
- You have a winning-attitude and willing to learn all the time
- You take ownership and initiatives improving the support of all mbitioneers
- You are fascinated by cloud solutions, like AWS
- You are solution oriented and pragmatic in your approach
- You love working in a diverse team
- You want to have fun when working!
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work in a great open minded team with ambitious goals
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.