MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
The System Architecture Team is responsible for collecting an understanding for the entire system and providing guidelines for design and implementation of sub-systems, as well as review of design proposals. Our work ensures the maintainability and reusability of the resulting system.
Would you like to work as an “Intern Software Engineer for the System Architecture Team”?
- You will help structure and collect made decisions into a structured set of documentation.
- You will help continuously partition software components to sub-systems and match this to the project test plan.
- You will help develop tooling for automatically generate architectural overview diagrams from meta-data
- You will help develop tooling for automatically compare build artifacts to the described system and track deviations.
- You will be a part of a cross-cutting team working with teams across the whole stack of the infotainment system – from hardware to apps.
- You pursue a university degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field. It is advantageous if you already have a bachelor’s degree.
- You want to complement your university studies with practical experience for 5-6 months.
- You have an interest in software and system architecture, such as component interfaces, maintainability, testability, and visual documentation methods such as C4 and/or UML.
- You have experience from software development in C++ and/or Python, as well as open source technologies.
- Passion for innovative digital products
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Strong social and communication skills
- A strong “get things done” mindset
- We are an international team with English as the common language at work. A good working knowledge of English is essential.
- Basic German is desirable.
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- Great company values that we are passionate about and live by every day at work. Have a look for yourself at mbition.io and scroll down to "The MBition Experience"
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.