MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
The AI and Data Science Department participates in software development and analyzes usage data with statistical, machine learning and other Artificial Intelligence methods. The results contribute to more intelligent interaction with the users.
How would you like to work with us as an “Intern Software Engineering for Artificial Intelligence”?
About the role
- You help to develop new ideas and data-based products using machine learning/AI and software engineering technologies to provide new or improve existing services in order to create an even better customer experience.
- You develop new functions and services proposing appropriate solutions and implement them with the development team.
- You learn about and deploy the latest machine learning technologies to develop highly scalable algorithms to recognize and describe patterns and long-term trends in data.
- You continuously enhance and seek out methods and tools and actively acquire new knowledge.
- You support projects as part of an interdisciplinary and agile team of software engineers, data scientists and data engineers.
- You pursue a university degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, it is advantageous if you already have a bachelor’s degree.
- You want to complement your university studies with practical experience for 5-6 months.
- Statistical and mathematical methods, as well as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are among your interests.
- You have experience in coding with Java, C++ and/or Python, as well as open source technologies and cloud services, such as Azure, Kubernetes or Docker.
- Passion for innovative digital products
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Strong social and communication skills
- A strong “get things done” mindset
- We are an international team with English as the common language at work, so a good working knowledge of English is essential.
- Basic German is desirable.
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.