MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
In the Project and System Team we drive the development of the new infotainment platform for Mercedes-Benz cars. We steer the large-scale project of more than 25 cross-functional distributed teams and manage their interaction with stakeholders and suppliers, establish and maintain Agile processes, facilitate and support the project toward achieving long-term goals.
As a Project Manager (m/w/x) in the team of senior experts, you will plan and track the development of software towards achieving milestone goals, refine the Agile Way of Working and collaborate with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to ensure the methods are applied. You define what drives value to end-user when it comes to details in feature scope and contribute to the feature implementation. We are looking for outstanding candidates of all job levels - from motivated graduates to experienced super stars.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Professional (including internships) experience in Agile Project Management or a start-up
- Understanding of agile and classic development processes and tools
- Hands-on experience with Scrum
- Solid knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Project management experience
- High degree of expertise and technical understanding for complex IT projects and software architecture, preferably for automotive infotainment systems
Nice to have:
- Experience in automotive and/or infotainment products
- Software development skills (for example C++, Python, Java) and modern software development practices
- Experience with large-scale Agile frameworks (SAFe, LeSS, Scrum@Scale)
- Understanding of challenges and constraints within automotive domain and processes
- International experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Proven leadership and ownership
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
Proficient in English. German is a plus
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date