MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
In our team, we develop, together with Daimler and other partners, the future infotainment system and its platform for Mercedes-Benz cars. The system is developed in-house at MBition, at Mercedes-Benz and at other partners.
As an engineering lead of embedded product security team, you will:
- Build and be responsible for a team of high performing security engineers and software engineers with the required skills according to product roadmap and organizational needs
- Create a working environment that will help your team to deliver software in an AGILE manner.
- Set up and maintain the best relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Help developing your team’s professional skills through mentoring and training
- Set up the standards and processes for product security & privacy in the Product Life Cycle Process together with the security experts in your team
- Ensure the established standards and processes are compliant with Vehicle Security Standards like UNECE WP29 and ISO 21434
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team to integrate security assurance activities as part of quality assurance activities
- Establish good collaboration with DevOps team to integrate security tools and automation of security testing in our CI/CD pipeline together with your team.
- Work closely with management to build and establish “security culture” in the organization through different activities and initiatives in order to make “Security by Design” and “Privacy by Default” principles as an integral part of our product development.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a comparable qualification. An MSc or PhD with Cyber Security specialization will be a huge plus.
- Several years of people- and/or project management
- 3+ years’ experience in software development using agile methods
- Understanding of AGILE principles
- Experience in at least one full development cycle of an embedded system in an automotive context
- At least two years of experience of working with embedded product security team (experience in automotive product security will be a plus)
- Familiarity with Automotive Security Standards and Regulations (e.g. UNECE WP29 and ISO 21434)
- Familiarity with security tools, automation of security testing and DevSecOps
- Familiarity with open source licenses and/or being a contributor to open source Projects
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.