MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
- Lead, develop and empower group of software engineers in DevOps domain
- Lead team to excellence and to become self directed
- Contribute to the concept draft and project initiation, validation of future projects
- Empower software engineers by providing best tools for their work
- Contribute to the architectural evaluation of projects
- Continuous improvement of people and projects in the team
- Hiring and being responsible for the professional development of software engineers
- Initiate projects by staffing software engineers, providing them guideline to drive the project
- Provide meaningful career development path for engineers
- Masters in computer science or equivalent degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Team Lead
- 7+ years’ experience in software development using agile methods
- Solid experience of programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Scala, or similar
- Several years of experience of establishing CI/CD toolchains and operating them
- International/intercultural work experience desirable
- Excellent analytical skills and an independent, structured, and target-oriented approach to work
- Leader attitude
- Personal initiative, commitment, and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Proficient English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.