MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
Agile feature teams work on the things that matter to the customer. Within such a team, the Software Engineer(s) solve ambiguous goals with novel technological ideas, take care about architecture and strive for high-quality products. Thereby, they will design, implement, integrate and test their code that matters to customers and stakeholders. In such a team, communication with stakeholders, customers as well as other teams and team members is our key for success, as the entire organization is building with you one integrated product. You and your colleagues will be working on the transition of how apps shall utilize the cars interfaces. Your C++ and your embedded skills will ensure that customers can enjoy apps on current as well as future in-vehicle infotainment systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Excellent coding skills in C++ 11/14
- Experience with embedded Linux and Yocto
- Experience with GIT version control and CI/CD
- Experience with REST and JSON
- Knowledge in Python as well as testing frameworks (e. g. pytest) and an understanding of TDD concepts
Nice to have
- Open-Source Background
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Basic knowledge in Golang and swagger
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Aspiration to engineering excellence
- Excellent German(C1) and English (mind. B2+) skills complete your profile
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.