MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
- Building distributed backend systems for hybrid domains
- Contribute to backend architecture, feature development and improve existing components
- Bootstrap services as part of new and existing architecture
- Bring new technology and continuous improvement mindset in the project
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- 4+ years experience in software development using Agile methods
- Professional experience with programming languages such as Java, Kotlin, Scala or Go
- Solid understanding of different programming paradigm
- Experience of building distributed software systems
- Experience of working with containerization technology is a plus
- Experience with event based systems and data streams is a plus
Nice to have
- Experience with microsoft azure cloud
- Open-Source Background
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills and an independent, structured, and target-oriented approach to work
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.