MBition, Mercedes–Benz Innovation Lab is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How? We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to. We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state-of-the-art software that pushes our innovation further. We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
As we rapidly scale, we need to keep pace with our high growth needs for onboarding new employees, developing their understanding of our product and fostering a culture that encourages employee empowerment in their new roles.
As a developer advocate, you’ll be building relationships with external and internal development teams by developing resources to help them build with MBiENT; including samples, blog posts, and documentation. You’ll be fostering developer’s communities, championing their interests, and translating their feedback into actionable product insights as a part of the ADK team.
Creating momentum and driving adoption of the MBiENT platform through your interactions with the development teams building applications and services on MBiENT.
Champion MBiENT in person and online by presenting at conferences, writing technical tutorials, publishing articles and videos
Build inspiring demos, sample apps, and continuously improve the developer experience of our ADK, SDK, and APIs
Work within the framework of security, performance, privacy, usability, and reliability constraints in the automotive environment
Deliver tangible results from potentially conflicting or fuzzy inputs
Influence the direction of our developer products by gathering insights from our developer community.
- Training or mentoring experience for technology products
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly
- Strong hands-on developer who is comfortable with full-stack development
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Happy to travel regularly
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Several years of full-stack development
- Solid understanding of design patterns for embedded and mobile architectures
- Experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Yocto experience a big plus
- Developer Relations experience a plus
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment System, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes-Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
- Products or projects you’ve worked on
- Code you’re proud of
- Links to your blog or your profile in an online community such as GitHub, Twitter, etc.
The activity is full time.