MBition, Mercedes–Benz Innovation Lab is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to. We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state of the art software that pushes our innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years. With an international team of 200 Employees, we are looking to integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics that include: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us, in shaping the future!
Our Product department guides each step of the products lifecycle from the idea to production. Our products are used by customers throughout the world on their infotainment systems, as smartphone apps or in the Mercedes customer portal.The goal of our work is to create innovative and forward-looking products and services in the mobile field.
- Lead definition of features for the Product Backlog
- Support teams in understanding the features being defined in the Product Backlog
- Make sure the high level plan is aligned with customer needs and accepted by the stakeholder
- Lead identification of dependencies between features and maintain a visualization of system’s anatomy
- Ensure profitability, Return of Investment (ROI) for the feature set being part of the Product Backlog
- Define and maintain mapping between features and feature teams
- Lead milestone planning workshops with customers on a need basis
- Lead the communication of milestone planning aspects, milestone goals and feature scope to team members
- Support our Product Owners for each development team in discussions with the customer about requirements compliance, user stories and acceptance tests
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a comparable qualification
- At least 3 years of experience in the area of In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems and Leading Automotive Projects
- At least 3 years of experience in developing complex software products in the series production, e. g. automotive, aviation, etc.
- Understanding of challenges and constraints within the automotive domain and processes (e.g. Automotive SPICE, ASIL, data protection)
- Understanding of QA and Test Processes
- Understanding of both Agile (e. g. Scaled Scrum Frameworks) and Classic Waterfall Development Processes
- Orientation and Communication within Larger Organizations
- At least one complete project life cycle (including operations)
- Good understanding of end customer needs
- High degree of flexibility, willingness to travel
- Well-developed communication and team work skills, even though tough situations
- Fluent in English, German proficiency is a plus
Ideally, you also have
- Feature domain expertise knowledge such as embedded & cloud automotive functions, connectivity, vehicle infotainment, navigation, personalization, etc.
- Software architecture know how
- Know How in at least one programming language, e.g. C/C++, Python, Java, Go
- Open-Source Background
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes-Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new and modern open office
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more…
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references.
Please send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Job title and code
- Salary expectation
- Earliest start date
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com