MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to.
We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state of the art software that pushes our innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of Daimler that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we are looking to integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics that include: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us, in shaping the future!
About the role
As member of the Vehicle Functions Team, you will develop software to control the functions (such as seat comfort features) of the vehicle from within the Infotainment System. As a Software Engineer in an agile team you will design, document, implement, integrate and test features, API and system libraries. Development will typically be C++ focused and make use of modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
- Experience with modern C++
- Embedded Linux knowledge
- Experience with version control (preferably Git)
- Experience with CMake
- Experience in testing (e.g. TDD) and CI/CD
Nice to have:
- Experience with Yocto
- Experience with IPC/RPC frameworks and API design (e.g. Thrift, gRPC or SOME/IP)
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Personal initiative, commitment, sense of ownership and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Aspiration to engineering excellence as well as drive to continuously learn and improve
Proficient in English. German is a plus
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment System, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
The activity is full time.