MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
- Verification and testing of security and privacy features
- Testability analysis of security and privacy requirements; verification and test strategy, automation plan; develop test cases and test automation; support for reproducing vulnerabilities; and verify fixes of vulnerabilities
- Identify different testing methods (static and dynamic) and tools for testing different security & privacy features
- Conduct penetration tests on defined milestones of the project
- Triaging security issues found by vulnerability scanning tools
- Academic degree (BSc/MSc/PhD) in computer science, Information Technology, or a comparable qualification demonstrable through any relevant certification, portfolio, GitHub repositories etc.
- At least one year of working experience as a test engineer focusing on cyber security, as a penetration tester or similar experience
- Programming skills in language like C, C++, and Python and able to review codes written in these languages
- Knowledge of cryptography and its application on different cryptographic protocols (e.g. TLS, IPSec, HTTPS, SSH)
- Familiarity with different static/dynamic code analysis tools, binary analysis tools, software/network/hardware fuzzing tools, and vulnerability analysis tools
Nice to have
- Academic degree with security engineering focus or prior working experience as system engineer for embedded Linux systems with a focus on security/privacy
- Penetration testing experience of embedded systems and software
- Good knowledge of Linux or any UNIX-like operating system and familiarity with different system hardening techniques
- Good understanding of different Linux Kernel security mechanisms like DAC, MAC, ACL, CGROUPS, Capabilities, seccomp, Linux namespaces, netfilter framework, Linux Security Modules (e.g. AppArmor, SMACK, SELinux), audit subsystem, and integrity management subsystem
- Basic understanding of privacy enhancing technologies and privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Proficient in English and German
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.