MBition, Mercedes–Benz Innovation Lab is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to.
We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state of the art software that pushes our innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we are looking to integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics that include: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us, in shaping the future!
Our products generate, receive, process, and exchange large amount of information among in-vehicle components, user devices, and backend services. Therefore, it requires a high standard of security and data protection in our products. In order to achieve this goal, for our dynamically growing “Embedded & Frontend Technology” department, we are looking for a Cyber Security Test Engineer. As a part of the agile cyber security team, you will be able to contribute in the design, implementation, testing, and integration of Security and Privacy features in our products.
- Verification and testing of security and privacy features
- Testability analysis of security and privacy requirements; verification and test strategy, automation plan; develop test cases and test automation; support for reproducing vulnerabilities; and verify fixes of vulnerabilities
- Identify different testing methods (static and dynamic) and tools for testing different security & privacy features
- Conduct penetration tests on defined milestones of the project
- Triaging security issues found by vulnerability scanning tools
- Academic degree (BSc/MSc/PhD) in computer science, Information Technology, or a comparable qualification demonstrable through any relevant certification, portfolio, GitHub repositories etc.
- At least one year of working experience as a test engineer focusing on cyber security, as a penetration tester or similar experience
- Programming skills in language like C, C++, and Python and able to review codes written in these languages
- Knowledge of cryptography and its application on different cryptographic protocols (e.g. TLS, IPSec, HTTPS, SSH)
- Familiarity with different static/dynamic code analysis tools, binary analysis tools, software/network/hardware fuzzing tools, and vulnerability analysis tools
Nice to have:
- Academic degree with security engineering focus or prior working experience as system engineer for embedded Linux systems with a focus on security/privacy
- Penetration testing experience of embedded systems and software
- Good knowledge of Linux or any UNIX-like operating system and familiarity with different system hardening techniques
- Good understanding of different Linux Kernel security mechanisms like DAC, MAC, ACL, CGROUPS, Capabilities, seccomp, Linux namespaces, netfilter framework, Linux Security Modules (e.g. AppArmor, SMACK, SELinux), audit subsystem, and integrity management subsystem
- Basic understanding of privacy enhancing technologies and privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Proficient in English. German is a plus.
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Free coffee and fruits and more…
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date