MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to.
We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state of the art software that pushes our innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we are looking to integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics that include: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us, in shaping the future!
About the role
As a Mobile DevOps engineer (all genders) you will be working on the large scale CI/CD environment for the mobile ecosystem and enable software developers to use latest and greatest engineering practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Extensive experience with the release process of iOS and Android apps
- Mobile software development experience, Android and/or iOS
- Extensive experience with Git and CI systems like Jenkins
- Excellent knowledge on REST and WebSockets protocols
- Familiarity with the "infrastructure as a code" best practices, mainly using Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker and Terraform
- Experience with Cloud PaaS, like Azure or AWS
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle
Nice to have:
- Experience with different testing frameworks and their implementation in CI system to include functional, regression, sanity/smoke, batch, system and other types of testing.
- Experience with monitoring tools in distributed environments, like Prometheus
- Intermediate programming skills (Go, Java and/or Groovy)
- Familiarity with open source licenses and/or being a contributor to open source projects
- Open-Source Background
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Aspiration to DevOps principles and engineering excellence
- Proficient in English. German is a plus