MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
- Design, implement, test, integrate and enforce core security and privacy mechanisms in Linux/Unix-like system to enable security & privacy capabilities in our infotainment platform
- Review and approve change/merge request of different security configurations & settings (e.g. firewall configurations, AppArmor profiles etc.)
- Creating guidelines for system security mechanisms and system hardening mechanisms and coaching other feature teams
- Triaging security issues found by vulnerability scanning tools
Academic degree (BSc/MSc/PhD) in computer science, Information Technology, or a comparable qualification demonstrable through any relevant certification, portfolio, GitHub repositories etc.
- At least two years of working experience as a system engineer with a focus on cyber security/privacy or similar experience
- Programming skills in language like C, C++, Python and familiarity with coding risks (e.g. OWASP top 10) as well as coding guidelines/standard (e.g. MISRA C/C++, CERT C/C++).
- knowledge of cryptography and its application on different cryptographic protocols (e.g. TLS, IPSec, HTTPS, SSH)
- Deep understanding of different Linux Kernel security mechanisms like DAC, MAC, ACL, CGROUPS, Capabilities, seccomp, Linux namespaces, netfilter framework, Linux Security Modules (e.g. AppArmor, SMACK, SELinux), audit subsystem, and integrity management subsystem
Nice to have
- Academic degree with security engineering focus or prior working experience as system engineer for embedded Linux systems with a focus on security/privacy
- Experience performing threat modeling activity
- System administration skill in Linux or any UNIX-like operating system and familiarity with different system hardening techniques
- Experience implementing/enforcing Linux Kernel security mechanism and hardening mechanisms
- Basic understanding of privacy enhancing technologies and privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Open-Source Background
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.