MBition, Mercedes–Benz Innovation Lab is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are looking for most enthusiastic employees to build together state of the art software that pushes innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, in the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of the Mercedes Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on all the exciting topics ahead that include: navigation and infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us shaping the future!
Our products generate, receive, process, and exchange large amount of information among in-vehicle components, user devices, and backend services. Therefore, it requires a high standard of security and data protection in our products. In order to achieve this goal, for our dynamically growing “Embedded & Frontend Technology” department, we are looking for a (senior) System Engineer (Security & Privacy). As a part of the agile cyber security team, you will be able to contribute in the design, implementation, testing, and integration of Security and Privacy features in our products.
- Design, implement, test, integrate and enforce core security and privacy mechanisms in Linux/Unix-like system to enable security & privacy capabilities in our infotainment platform
- Review and approve change/merge request of different security configurations & settings (e.g. firewall configurations, AppArmor profiles etc.)
- Creating guidelines for system security mechanisms and system hardening mechanisms and coaching other feature teams
- Triaging security issues found by vulnerability scanning tools
- Academic degree (BSc/MSc/PhD) in computer science, Information Technology, or a comparable qualification demonstrable through any relevant certification, portfolio, GitHub repositories etc.
- At least two years of working experience as a system engineer with a focus on cyber security/privacy or similar experience
- Programming skills in language like C, C++, Python and familiarity with coding risks (e.g. OWASP top 10) as well as coding guidelines/standard (e.g. MISRA C/C++, CERT C/C++).
- knowledge of cryptography and its application on different cryptographic protocols (e.g. TLS, IPSec, HTTPS, SSH)
- Deep understanding of different Linux Kernel security mechanisms like DAC, MAC, ACL, CGROUPS, Capabilities, seccomp, Linux namespaces, netfilter framework, Linux Security Modules (e.g. AppArmor, SMACK, SELinux), audit subsystem, and integrity management subsystem
Nice to have:
- Academic degree with security engineering focus or prior working experience as system engineer for embedded Linux systems with a focus on security/privacy
- Experience performing threat modeling activity
- System administration skill in Linux or any UNIX-like operating system and familiarity with different system hardening techniques
- Experience implementing/enforcing Linux Kernel security mechanism and hardening mechanisms
- Basic understanding of privacy enhancing technologies and privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Open-Source Background
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Proficient in English. German is a plus.
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new and modern open office
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more…
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.