MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to.
We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state of the art software that pushes our innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we are looking to integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics that include: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us, in shaping the future!
About the role
As member of the Video Team, you will contribute to our video presentation architecture in in-vehicle infotainment domain - using various technologies, frameworks and interfaces. As a Software Engineer in an agile team, you will develop features as well as design, document, implement, integrate and test your code. Development will typically be C++ focused and make use of modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a comparable qualification
- Excellent coding skills in C++
- Experience in embedded systems
- Experience with version control and CI/CD
- Know-how of video handling in embedded environments
- Having worked with various software frameworks, ideally in the domain of in-vehicle infotainment
- System architecture, API design and best practices in modern C++ development
Nice to have:
- Experience with GStreamer is a strong plus
- Experience with DRM Handling is a strong plus
- Experience in video handling on QNX is a strong plus
- Knowing low-level (automotive) video hardware (serializers, deserializers etc.) and its interfaces is a strong plus
- Knowledge of Video Codecs
- Experience with Wayland Compositor and Linux Rendering Stack
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment Systems
- Open-Source Background
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Aspiration to engineering excellence
- Proficient in English
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date