MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
- Design, implement, test and integrate core security and privacy features, enabling security & privacy capabilities in our infotainment platform
- Code review: Review and approve merge request of security & privacy critical component implementation
- Design review: Create/review threat models of component as a security & privacy design activity
- Creating security design pattern implementation guideline and coach feature teams
- Triaging security issues found by code scanning tools
- Academic degree (BSc/MSc/PhD) in computer science, Information Technology, or a comparable qualification demonstrable through any relevant certification, portfolio, GitHub repositories etc.
- At least two years of experience as a developer / software engineer
- Programming skills in language like C and C++ and Familiarity with coding risks (e.g. OWASP top 10) as well as coding guidelines/standard (e.g. MISRA C/C++, CERT C/C++).
- Theoretical knowledge on cryptography and hands-on programming experience on applied cryptography
- Experience in manual code review in order to find security bugs
Nice to have
- Academic degree with security engineering focus or prior working experience as a security engineer/developer in a security team
- Experience performing threat modeling activity
- Knowledge on security design patterns and patterns implementation
- Advanced know-how in Linux or any Unix-like operating system as well as system programming skills
- Open-Source Background
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.