MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
As a DevOps engineer (all genders) you will be working on the large scale CI/CD environment for the whole Infotainment Platform and enable software developers to use latest and greatest engineering practices.
- Degree in Computer Science Engineering, information technology
- Linux as a development platform and target
- Extensive experience with CI systems like Jenkins
- Extensive experience with Git
- Strong programming skills (Java, Python, Groovy, and/or Go)
- Familiarity with the "infrastructure as a code" best practices using tools like Docker, Ansible, Vagrant etc.
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle
- Familiarity with simple concepts of Linux server networks
Nice to have
- Yocto and its use in CI Environments
- Embedded software development in C or C++
- Experience with different testing frameworks and their implementation in CI system to include functional, regression, sanity/smoke, batch, system and other types of testing.
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Familiarity with ASPICE
- Familiarity with open source licenses and/or being a contributor to open source projects
- Open-Source Background
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Aspiration to DevOps principles and engineering excellence
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.