DevOps Engineer (m/f/x) in Berlin
MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to.
We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state of the art software that pushes our innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of the Mercedes-Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we are looking to integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics that include: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us, in shaping the future!
About the role
As a DevOps engineer (m/w/x) you will be working on the large scale CI/CD environment for the whole Infotainment Platform and enable software developers to use latest and greatest engineering practices.
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Linux as a development platform and target
- Extensive experience with CI systems like Jenkins
- Extensive experience with Git
- Strong programming skills (Java, Python, Groovy, and/or Go)
- Familiarity with the "infrastructure as a code" best practices using tools like Docker, Ansible, Vagrant etc.
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle
- Familiarity with simple concepts of Linux server networks
Nice to have:
- Yocto and its use in CI Environments
- Embedded software development in C or C++
- Experience with different testing frameworks and their implementation in CI system to include functional, regression, sanity/smoke, batch, system and other types of testing.
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Familiarity with ASPICE
- Familiarity with open source licenses and/or being a contributor to open source projects
- Open-Source Background
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Aspiration to DevOps principles and engineering excellence
- Proficient in English. German is a plus
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment System, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes-Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
The activity is full time.