MBition, Mercedes–Benz Innovation Lab is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are looking for most enthusiastic employees to build together state of the art software that pushes innovation further . We are doing this in Berlin, in the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of the Mercedes-Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on all the exciting topics ahead that include: navigation and infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us shaping the future!
About the role
As a member of the Software Update and Dynamic Content domain you will enable our platform and applications in their update lifecycle and thereby build one of the most important and core features of our upcoming infotainment system.
In the agile development team you will design, implement, integrate and test your code. You will be part of a larger software organization with hundreds of other Software Engineers.
This role focuses on the embedded part of the system. You will be able to utilize your experience and expertise with the topics like memory, communication, security and alike in shaping the software update service.
Development will typically have C++ and deeply embedded operating system focus and make use of modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Excellent coding skills in C++ 11/14
- Experience with embedded Linux and Yocto
- Experience in low-level development of embedded systems such as firmware update, bootloader and device drivers
- Experience with version control and CI/CD
- Basic Knowledge in Python
- Knowledge about testing frameworks (e. g. pytest) and an understanding of TDD concepts
Nice to have:
- Software Update (Wired, OTA, etc.) Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge in relevant protocols, e. g. OMA-DM
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Experience with automotive diagnostics
- Open-Source Background
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Aspiration to engineering excellence
- Proficient in English
- German is a nice to have
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes-Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date