MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
As a member of the Software Update and Dynamic Content domain you will enable our platform and applications in their update lifecycle and thereby build one of the most important and core features of our upcoming infotainment system.
In the agile development team you will design, implement, integrate and test your code. You will be part of a larger software organization with hundreds of other Software Engineers.
This role focuses on the embedded part of the system. You will be able to utilize your experience and expertise with the topics like memory, communication, security and alike in shaping the software update service.
Development will typically have C++ and deeply embedded operating system focus and make use of modern tools, technologies, engineering practices and methodologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication Technology or a comparable qualification
- Excellent coding skills in C++ 11/14
- Experience with embedded Linux and Yocto
- Experience with container technologies such as LXC and/or Docker
- Experience with GIT version control and CI/CD
- Basic Knowledge in Python
- Knowledge about testing frameworks (e. g. pytest) and an understanding of TDD concepts
Nice to have
- Open-Source Background
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Knowledge and Experience of an (UI) app life-cycle
- Knowledge in relevant app framework topics, e. g. Qt
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Aspiration to engineering excellence
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.