MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future. How?
We are building a new generation of infotainment platform that is reusable and hardware agnostic, as well as its implementation into our actual car lines. We are building the very interface that future drivers will engage with when they sit in their car, plan their journey or choose what music to listen to.
We would like to extend our current team with enthusiastic, friendly and driven individuals to help build this state of the art software that pushes our innovation further.
We are doing this in Berlin, the Silicon Valley of Europe, as a 100% subsidiary of the Mercedes-Benz AG that has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from point A to point B, for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 200 Employees, we are looking to integrate people who value quality, creativity and teamwork as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics that include: navigation, infotainment systems, location-based services, user experience and user interaction. And we need YOU to help us, in shaping the future!
Our MobileApps team is developing vehicle companion Mobile Application for Mercedes-Benz users. You as an Android developer will be part of the Android development team, and will be responsible for developing, testing, maintaining and deploying features for our Android native Application.
- Design, develop and maintain Android application(s).
- Write well structured, documented, tested and maintainable code.
- Perform code reviews.
- Keep an eye on performance, scalability, and security in the application development.
- Manage and coordinate with internal/external teams for variety of technical or non-technical needs like specifications, concepts, designs, APIs, SDKs etc.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar field.
- Several Years of native Android Development experience.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and mobile architectures.
- Kotlin and Java coding skills.
- Experience in Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Hands on experience with unit testing.
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes-Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new and modern open office
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee and fruits and more…
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
The activity is full time. We particularly welcome online applications from candidates with disabilities or similar impairments.