MBition, Mercedes–Benz is bringing the automotive industry into the future! How?
We are working on a software-defined architecture, that allows us to create state-of-the-art customer functions that span one or more domain controllers with significant processing power. One of these high-performance domain controllers is used for automated driving functions (e.g. automated driving on highways).
We do this in Berlin and Sindelfingen as a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, which has been perfecting the art of moving people, products and services from A to B for more than 120 years.
With an international team of 500 employees, we want to integrate people who appreciate quality, creativity and teamwork just as much as we do. Together we create passionate technology on exciting topics like: automated and autonomous driving, infotainment systems or mobile APPs. And we need YOU to help us shape the future!
About the role
- Strategic, creative and innovative think tank for new concept developments with a forward-looking vision
- Creation and validation of rough and fine usability concepts for mobile applications for iOS and Android paired with in-car user interfaces (headunit, instrument cluster, HUD, SDS)
- Define and establish mobile information architectures and UI widget elements
- Planning and execution of user customer studies for concept validation
- Prototype implementation of interaction concepts through programming
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with Daimler AG's development locations
- Coordinate with internal and external development partners
- Degree and professional experience in UI/UX design, computer science and media or a similar field with a technical focus on the UI/UX creation process
- Experience in creation of scribbles, wireframes, flow charts, screen mockups, interactive prototypes through programming
- Sense for UI design and intuitive mobile user interfaces and excellent knowledge about specific UI guidelines for iOS and Android
- Knowledge of 3D-visualization, augmented reality and multimodal interactions (e.g. gaze- & gesture interactions) desirable
- Experience in agile project management (Scrum)
- Excellent knowledge of creative tools, such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite and of tools for interactive prototypes, such as Flinto, Unity
- Experience with tools that support agile development processes (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- High level of motivation and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to compromise and perseverance
- Creativity, highly developed conceptual skills
- Awareness of trends and new technologies and the opportunities they present for the mobility of the future
- Intercultural skills
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.