At MBition, we are bringing digital luxury to mobility users around the world. To accomplish this, we are redefining how software is developed within the automotive field as part of an international Mercedes-Benz software development network. As a 100% subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz AG, we develop and integrate the next generation of Mercedes-Benz in-car infotainment systems that are based on the Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MBOS). In addition, we are responsible for the Mercedes me companion app, we provide seamless & connected mobility experiences and we contribute to Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) platform development.
About the role
At Hybrid Cloud Platform domain embedded systems meets cloud. We build great user experience bringing these two worlds together.
As a Site Reliability Engineer in this domain you will be contributing to reliability of our customer facing end to end use cases. You will be involved in the whole process of writing code, testing and production deployments to monitoring and debugging to ensure resiliency and reliability. You will be responsible for the delivery of key DevOps concepts including but not limited to: reliability engineering, continuous delivery, release engineering, container orchestration, tool and technology management, cloud management, as well as other key areas.
- Manage and improve whole life cycle of backend services.
- Maintain production service by introducing monitoring tools, KPIs for availability, latency and system health.
- Introduce different key SRE concepts and raise awareness in development teams
- Build services, tooling and create processes that simplyfies and enable engineers across multiple teams.
- Create test concepts for microservices in cloud architecture.
- Suggesting architecture improvement and recommending process improvements.
- Write postmortems of incidents and share knowledge throughout the team.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, system engineering, communication technology, or a comparable qualification
- Experience around containerization technolgy Docker, Kubernetes and so on.
- Experience in coding one or more languages Java, Kotlin, Go, Python.
- Solid working experience with Unix operating systems.
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Solid cloud-experience (Azure, AWS).
- Solid incident handling experience.
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle.
- Familiarity with simple concepts of Linux server networks.
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems.
- Familiarity with ASPICE.
- Systematic problem-solving approach.
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal initiative, commitment, and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Proficiency in English; German proficiency is a plus
What we offer
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Great company values that we are passionate about and live by every day at work. Have a look for yourself at mbition.io and scroll down to "The MBition Experience"
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
We would like to encourage people with health impairments to apply to our jobs! Our building and work places offer the possibilities to adjust to different employee requirements.