Resident Engineer (FRPA) (all genders) - Sindelfingen
A Technical Support Engineer will research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer/ production line issues in an accurate and timely manner. You will be responsible for performing Field Return Part Analysis (FRPA), working with different systems, software, and hardware and follow standard procedures to escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments in automotive sector at Mercedes Benz premises, Sindelfingen Germany. As member of a cross-functional bug triage team you will be an essential part of the qualiy assurance process of our product line.
Sneak preview of your future tasks
- Take ownership of customer/production line issues reported and coordinate problems solving through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Follow the SLA for issues with respect to the severity.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- adb, linux command line, linux filesystem knowledge, for example have an experience flashing Android devices.
- Experiences with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANape, etc.)
- Experience with Wireshark, CANoe, DLT Logging
- Nice to have: qnx file system knowledge
- Proven working experience in technical support, or as a technical engineer
- In-depth knowledge in the product that the technician is supporting.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Languages: German and English proficiency
- Basic scripting skills (Phyton, Shell…)
- Nice to have: basic programming skills C++
- Environment: Windows and Linux
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes-Benz AG
- Great company values that we are passionate about and live by every day at work. Have a look for yourself at mbition.io and scroll down to "The MBition Experience"
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:Apply online
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date