In the Audio Domain we build the abstraction layer between the audio hardware and infotainment applications. Our goal is to build modern C++ audio APIs that are easy for application developers to integrate, while hiding away complexity imposed by strong real-time requirements, complex audio routing, policy management and prioritization.
As Verification Manager (all genders) in the audio domain you will be leading a scrum team for system level verification of audio features on real automotive hardware. You will lead your team to effectively analyze audio requirements and architecture design in terms of testability.
You will initialize creation and implementation of a testing strategy for the audio domain, which will include test levels from automated end to end testing all the way to external test-houses.
- Lead, develop and empower group of quality engineers in Audio domain
- Lead team to excellence and to become self directed
- Make strategic insourcing/outsourcing decisions and manage external verification partners in the audio domain.
- Empower quality engineers by providing best tools for their work
- Contribute to the architectural evaluation of quality/verification toolset
- Continuous improvement of people and projects in the team
- Hiring and being responsible for the professional development of quality engineers
- Initiate projects by staffing software engineers, providing them guideline to drive the project
- Provide meaningful career development path for engineers
- Academic degree (BSc/MSc/PhD) in computer science, Information Technology, or a comparable qualification demonstrable through any relevant certification, portfolio, GitHub repositories etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Team Lead
- Experience with State-of-the-Art Software Testing Methodologies
- Experience in CI/CD and Test Plan Implementation in large scale Projects
- Development of Test Tooling
- Embedded Linux knowledge
- Experience with modern C++ and/or Python
- Experience with version control (preferably Git)
- Implementation of automated test suites in Python.
- Knowledge of test management tools like Zephyr or XRay.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Embedded Linux / Yocto
- Experience with PulseAudio / ALSA or similar audio frameworks
- Experience with audio signal processing algorithms
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Experience with efficiently managing external test houses
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Proficient in English. German is a plus.
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes Benz AG
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Free coffee and fruits and more…
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date