Join Us And Become A MBitioneer
(Senior) Security Engineer Linux based platform (all genders) - Berlin
In our team, we are developing features and tools to secure the future infotainment system and its platform for Mercedes-Benz cars.
Sneak preview of your future tasks
As a Platform Security Engineer in our Product Security team, you will:
- Research on different security aspects of our platform
- Design, implement and configure different platform security components and features across multiple layers of our platform which will pave the way of a secure Mercedes-Benz OS (MBOS) in future.
- You will be able to apply your diverse security know-how in range of topics like hardware security, kernel security, application security, network security, and cryptography.
- Automate and integrate security hardening testing for our infotainment platform in CI/CD
- Review and approve merge request for security configurations & settings for our platform
- Support other teams in implementing and enabling platform security features.
Very nice to have one or more of:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a comparable qualification.
- Ability to seek and understand the security needs and researching the possible solutions
- Proficiency in shell scripting, Python, C and C++
- Experience with system programming (Linux is preferred)
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience working with at least one of the well-known Linux Security Modules (Apparmor, SELinux, SMACK, TOMOYO)
- Hands-on experience in other Linux security mechanisms like Discretionary Access Control, Access Control Lists, Linux Capabilities, CGROUPS, namespaces, seccomp
- Experience hardening Linux based system using different kernel hardening mechanisms and familiarity with Linux Kernel hardening projects like grsecurity, Kernel Self Protection
- Experience working with version control system (preferably git), with continuous integration tool like Jenkins, and with docker-based environment
- Familiarity with one (or more) low level architecture (x86, ARM, etc.)
- Familiarity with low level inner-working of operating systems
- Familiarity with Secure Software Development
- Familiarity with open source licenses
Very nice to have one or more of:
- Upstream development/patching experience to the Linux Kernel
- Experience contributing/backporting to linux-stable for any Linux Kernel Security projects like Crytograhpic subsystem, Linux Security Modules (Apparmor, SELinux, SMACK, TOMOYO), grsecurity, dm-verity, IMA, Kernel Self Protection
- Security vulnerability analysis experience
- Familiarity with Trust Zone and security aspects of different virtualization technologies
- Kernel module development experience (in any OS)
- Strong ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient in English, German is a plus!
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Daimler AG
- Great company values that we are passionate about and live by every day at work. Have a look for yourself at mbition.io and scroll down to "The MBition Experience"
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:Apply online
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date