Audio Quality Engineer (all genders) - Berlin
In the Audio Domain we build the abstraction layer between the audio hardware and infotainment applications. Our goal is to build modern C++ audio APIs that are easy for application developers to integrate, while hiding away complexity imposed by strong real-time requirements, complex audio routing, policy management and prioritization.
As a Senior Quality Engineer (all genders) in an agile team you will be responsible for verification and testing of audio features on real automotive hardware. Together with your team members, you will analyze audio requirements and architecture design in terms of testability.
Sneak preview of your future tasks
You will create and implement a testing strategy for the audio domain, which will include test levels from automated end to end testing all the way to external test-houses.
- Own quality practices in the domain to align them with the project guidelines;
- Define test plans for functional and non-functional requirements
- Perform exploratory testing.
- Define the requirements for the automated test strategies, take part in the implementation of the test suites
- Assess the coverage of the software element, integration, system sanity and basic feature tests
- Assess and triage the incoming bugs and failed builds to assign them to the responsible teams.
- Academic degree (BSc/MSc/PhD) in computer science, Information Technology, or a comparable qualification demonstrable through any relevant certification, portfolio, GitHub repositories etc.
Nice to have
- At least three years of working experience as a test engineer on audio or similar experience.
- Programming skills in language such as C++ and Python to be able to review codes written in these languages.
- Implementation of automated test suites in Python.
- Knowledge of test management tools like Zephyr or XRay.
- Experience with Embedded Linux / Yocto
- Experience with PulseAudio / ALSA or similar audio frameworks
- Experience with audio signal processing algorithms
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Experience with efficiently managing external test houses
- Proficiency in problem solving and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Proficient in English. German is a plus.
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation hub, which is part of the Mercedes-Benz Group AG
- Be part of a new generation Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MB.OS) and work in with internal colleagues to deliver the best software
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- Flexible working hours
- Mobility, Healthcare budget & Personal development budget
- Berlin transportation ticket (BVG)
- Relocation support
- Company pension after the probation period
- In our close collaboration with “inklupreneur.de” we support people with disabilities and welcome everyone
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date
You don't bring everything with you? Don't worry, MBition is proud of our diverse workforce and passionate about having MBitioneers from all backgrounds and perspectives. MBition is and always will be an equal opportunity employer. We are looking for employees who convince us above all with their personality and passionately motivated to join the team!
You are welcome to contact our representative for severely disabled employees, Anna Schade (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will support you in the further application process.