(Senior) Cyber Security Architect - Infotainment Platform (all genders) - Berlin
- In this role, you will be working as a Cyber Security Architect of the platform department.
- You will be working with very talented group of builders (Software Engineers), breakers (Security Engineers) and designers (Software Architects) to make our product and software platform more secure
- You will be directly contributing to the strategic direction of security relevant components and activities that will pave the way for secure Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MBOS)
- You will be orchestrating security design decisions across different feature verticals to ensure robust and secure posture in our products
- You will drive the design and implementation of security components and features across multiple layers of our Linux-based platform
- You will drive the design, implementation, integration and automation of software security tools for threat modeling, security testing and vulnerability management in our CI/CD pipeline
- Identify threats and risks of our system components using any suitable approach (e.g. TARA, threat modeling)
- Suggest security controls and countermeasures to mitigate identified threats and risks
- Together with security engineers in the security team, work closely with process improvement team to set up the standards and processes for product security & privacy in our Product Life Cycle Process
- Work closely with different stakeholders to build and establish “security culture” in the organization through different activities and initiatives in order to make “Security by Design” and “Privacy by Default” principles as an integral part of our product development.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a comparable qualification. An MSc or PhD with Cyber Security specialization will be a huge plus.
- First experience of working as security engineer or software engineer (preferably on embedded system domain)
- Proficiency in shell scripting, Python, C and C++
- Very good knowledge on secure coding best practices
- Experience in performing TARA and creating security concepts for automotive ECUs (preferably infotainment ECU)
- Very good understanding of different cryptographic algorithms, protocols and their applications
- Hands-on experience of working with Linux/Unix-like system
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience working with at least one of the well-known Linux Security Modules (Apparmor, SELinux, SMACK, TOMOYO)
- Hands-on experience in other Linux security mechanisms like Discretionary Access Control, Access Control Lists, Linux Capabilities, CGROUPS, namespaces, seccomp
- Familiarity with different kernel hardening mechanisms and Linux kernel hardening projects like grsecurity, Kernel Self Protection
- Familiarity with platform integrity solution (dm-verity/IMA) and disk encryption solution (dm-crypt), network security solutions (OpenVPN, IPSec), cryptographic libraries OpenSSL, wolfSSL etc.
- Very good understanding of secure boot mechanism and Trustzone in ARM-based SoC
- Familiarity with security aspects of different virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with one (or more) low level architecture (preferably ARM and RISCV)
- Familiarity with low level inner-working of operating systems
- Understanding of network security topics e.g. network separation using concepts like VLAN, security of wired and wireless network/technologies/protocol stacks etc.
- Familiarity with different security testing tools, automation of security testing and DevSecOps
- Familiarity with security related automotive standards like UNECE WP29 (R155, R156) and ISO 21434
- Familiarity with open source licenses and/or being a contributor to open source Projects
- Good understanding of (secure) software design principles, design patterns and threat modeling
- Basic understanding of privacy enhancing technologies and privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Experience in delivering security features either, as product owner/engineer/similar role for an Automotive Infotainment System for one complete project lifecycle i.e. from inception to series production will be a huge plus.
- Security Certifications like OSCP, OSCE
- Proficiency in problem solving, troubleshooting technical issues and can-do attitude
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, commitment, perseverance and resilience
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills
- Fluent in English, proficiency in German is a plus
- A chance to work on a new generation of Infotainment Systems, which will power millions of cars
- An international, interdisciplinary innovation lab, which is part of the Mercedes Benz AG
- Great company values that we are passionate about and live by every day at work. Have a look for yourself at mbition.io and scroll down to "The MBition Experience"
- Agile working methods and open feedback culture
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office facing the Spree
- Flexible working hours
- Transportation and health benefits, discounts on cars, free coffee, fruits and more
We look forward to receiving your complete application, including CV (in English or German) and relevant references with the following information:Apply online
- Job title and reference number
- Salary expectations
- Earliest start date